The Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers (CAPS) is a pan-Canadian association, which brings together individuals within the sommelier profession, restaurant services, and other sectors of the wine industry.
CAPS/ACSP National is currently made up of the following provincial chapters:
- The Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, Atlantic Chapter based in Halifax
- The Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, British Columbia Chapter based in Vancouver
- The Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, Manitoba Chapter based in Winnipeg
- The Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, Ontario Chapter based in Toronto
- The Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, Quebec Chapter based in Montreal
CAPS is affiliated with the Association de la Sommellerie Internationale (ASI) headquartered in Paris and counting 52 member and 3 observer countries.
Made up of a team of industry professionals from such fields as restaurants and hospitality, to education, to wine agents as well as journalists, the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, founded in 1989 has as its aim to promote the profession of sommelier by working alongside industry leaders in the wine and spirits industry in Canada. Each province is responsible for individual sommelier education and certification programs offered in their territory and is in charge of the organization of provincial competitions.
Join a provincial, national and international community of professionals and wine lovers, participate in activities and enjoy the benefits of this membership (promotions, discounts …).
Major National Sponsor
Constellation Brands Canada, Inc. is the largest producer and marketer of wine and related products in Canada. Leading wine brands, such as Jackson-Triggs, Inniskillin, Sawmill Creek, and Naked Grape are supported by a national distribution network and dedicated sales and marketing teams.